The CMCP™ exam reflects industry best practices and the body of knowledge necessary for a successful career in property management.
Scheduling and Completing Your Exam
Once you are notified by CRECI™ that your exam application is approved, you must contact a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule your exam. (Click here for list of Pearson VUE testing centers.)
- You must register for the exam at least 10 business days prior to your desired exam date.
- You must take the exam within 180 days of the date your application is approved. Extensions may be requested for extenuating circumstances, such as military call to duty, illness, maternity leave or an emergency situation.
- Take your exam on the scheduled date. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time and bring 2 forms of identification (required) – a primary ID (with name, photo and signature), such as a driver’s license or passport; and a secondary ID (with name and signature), such as a credit card.
- If you must reschedule your examination date, you will be charged a $125 administrative fee unless you contact Pearson VUE to reschedule at least 48 hours prior to the original exam date.
- The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions, 100 of which are scored and 25 of which are not scored. You will have up to 2.25 hours to complete the exam.
- Also see section on Policies and Procedures.
Exam Preparation and Study Resources
CMCP applicants must demonstrate that they have completed at least 30 hours of verifiable professional development related to property management. If your most recent continuing education or training was more than 3 years ago, you should consider refreshing your professional development.
- Continuing education and training can come from one source or multiple sources, as long as at least 30 hours is successfully completed.
- For programs that include a final assessment, successful completion is defined as passing the assessment.
- Continuing education, professional development and training must be verified (i.e. certification or proof of completion).
- This continuing education and training may come from any commercial real estate industry source. Examples include:
- CMCP™ Exam Prep Course developed by BOMA and BOMI
- Any BOMI RPA course
- BOMA’s Foundations of Real Estate Management Course
- Real estate licensing courses
- Corporate training courses
- Courses offered by BOMA local associations and other real estate associations
- Courses from other organizations or institutions that offer commercial real estate education and training
- College courses do not qualify.
- A CMCP™ Candidate Handbook, included with your exam application fee, provides information about preparing for and scheduling the exam, as well as CRECI and CMCP policies and procedures. Click here to download.
- Learn more about the topics covered in the CMCP exam by viewing the CMCP Exam Blueprint document.
Requesting Special Accommodations
It is CRECI’s policy to comply with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CRECI will offer its examinations in a place and manner accessible to persons with qualifying disabilities or offer alternative accessible arrangements for such individuals, where feasible. In addition, CRECI will make reasonable modifications, upon request, to its examination procedures or provide auxiliary aides or services for candidates with documented disabilities, provided that the change does not fundamentally alter the measurement of the skills or knowledge being assessed and that it is not unduly burdensome. Please note that there might be specific registration deadlines for requesting a modification to allow for the creation of special exam formats. Candidates must submit requests for accommodations to CRECI at firstname.lastname@example.org, and all requests must be approved before the scheduled exam date. For additional information about the process and documentation requirements, as well as deadlines and confidentiality, please contact CRECI at email@example.com