The CMCP™ exam reflects industry best practices and the body of knowledge necessary for a successful career in property management.
Scheduling and Completing Your Exam
Once you are notified by CRECI™ that your exam application is approved, you must contact a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule your exam.
- You must register for the exam at least 10 business days prior to your desired exam date.
- You must take the exam within 180 days of the date your application is approved. Extensions may be requested for extenuating circumstances, such as military call to duty, illness, maternity leave or an emergency situation.
- Take your exam on the scheduled date. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time and bring 2 forms of identification (required) – a primary ID (with name, photo and signature), such as a driver’s license or passport; and a secondary ID (with name and signature), such as a credit card.
- If you must reschedule your examination date, you will be charged a $125 administrative fee unless you contact Pearson VUE to reschedule at least 48 hours prior to the original exam date.
- The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions, 100 of which are scored and 25 of which are not scored. You will have up to 2.25 hours to complete the exam.
- Also see section on Policies and Procedures.
New! Online Proctored Exams
CRECI is pleased to announce a new option to complete your CMCP exam without needing to visit a testing center! We will be offering an online proctored testing experience through Pearson VUE’s OnVUE platform. This platform allows for 24/7 testing opportunities from your home or office using your own computer and internet connection.
The OnVUE exam experience features:
- A secure browser that prevents access to other applications/content during exams
- In-exam chat and phone support
- A system testing process that enables candidates to verify their equipment and access before scheduling the exam
- Mac and Windows support
- Bring-your-own-device policy (you may not use tablet, mobile, and touchscreen devices)
- Note: Learners are responsible for verifying that their device works with the OnVUE software prior to scheduling the exam; please verify before signing up, as refunds cannot be issued once you have registered.
For security purposes, learners taking their exams via OnVUE will be monitored via webcam by a live proctor. This will be augmented by artificial intelligence, such as facial-matching technology. Proctors are in place to ensure exam security and will note abnormalities and other testing-related incidents that could impact final exam credit. Exams are ended immediately if prohibited behavior is detected. These session events are logged and will be provided to CRECI for action as required following exam completion.
For more information or to test your computer now, go to www.pearsonvue.com/creci/onvue.
Exam Preparation and Study Resources
CMCP applicants must demonstrate that they have completed at least 30 hours of verifiable professional development related to property management. If your most recent continuing education or training was more than 3 years ago, you should consider refreshing your professional development.
- Continuing education and training can come from one source or multiple sources, as long as at least 30 hours is successfully completed.
- For programs that include a final assessment, successful completion is defined as passing the assessment.
- Continuing education, professional development and training must be verified (i.e. certification or proof of completion).
- This continuing education and training may come from any commercial real estate industry source. Examples include:
- CMCP™ Exam Prep Course developed by BOMA and BOMI
- Any BOMI RPA course
- BOMA’s Foundations of Real Estate Management Course
- Real estate licensing courses
- Corporate training courses
- Courses offered by BOMA local associations and other real estate associations
- Courses from other organizations or institutions that offer commercial real estate education and training
- College courses do not qualify.
- A CMCP™ Candidate Handbook, included with your exam application fee, provides information about preparing for and scheduling the exam, as well as CRECI and CMCP policies and procedures. Click here to download.
- Learn more about the topics covered in the CMCP exam by viewing the CMCP Exam Blueprint document.
Requesting Special Accommodations
It is CRECI’s policy to comply with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CRECI will offer its examinations in a place and manner accessible to persons with qualifying disabilities or offer alternative accessible arrangements for such individuals, where feasible. In addition, CRECI will make reasonable modifications, upon request, to its examination procedures or provide auxiliary aides or services for candidates with documented disabilities, provided that the change does not fundamentally alter the measurement of the skills or knowledge being assessed and that it is not unduly burdensome. Please note that there might be specific registration deadlines for requesting a modification to allow for the creation of special exam formats. Candidates must submit requests for accommodations to CRECI at firstname.lastname@example.org, and all requests must be approved before the scheduled exam date. For additional information about the process and documentation requirements, as well as deadlines and confidentiality, please contact CRECI at email@example.com